Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sugar Franklin on Sunday

This morning I sat and watched Sugar Franklin run back and forth, back and forth, in her cage at approximately 70 miles an hour, wanting out. I took her out and she's now on my shoulder, helpfully chirping directly into my ear. She occasionally stretches out, first one wing and then the other. Her weight on my shoulder feels normal and solid. Sometimes she faces forward to chirp at the other birds, then she'll turn around and chirp at the couch.

It has been so long since she's been this happy and active and vocal -- you'd never know how sick she's been. I am so grateful to the vets, the techs, my friends, and the Great Parrot Spirit that she's still here to poop on my shoulder and chirp in my ear.

I think I'll go get the big bag of Nutriberries. She's earned one.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm reading in reverse, but it lightens my heart to know that she was so happy in what turned out to be her final days. I can only hope that my parrots are lucky enough to experience the same thing when the time comes.

Once again, I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.